QBSheduler service not working
1. The first indication the QBSheduler is not working is shown when we enter Advanced Reports at the top. A red bar will be displayed showing
The scheduled job screen should also highlight jobs in red indicating a job has tried to run but has failed. (In AR\Scheduling\Scheduled Job Maintenance)
2. The next thing to look at is the QBScheduler service. Restart it and see if this solves the issue. If after a restart the message below is displayed, the issue points to the QBScheduler configuration.
3. Inspect the path in the QBScheduler details.
· Open windows services
· Right click the QBScheduler in question and select properties
· Copy the “path to executable” field to a text editor (e.g. notepad or Editplus)
The item in the field is a long value but it is broken down here so we can explain each part:
This is the path to PHP executable, check path exists and php.exe is there.
-d include_path points to Advanced Reports libraries, check the path exists for each and is in the correct QB folder version (highlighted in blue).
Check the file path of scheduler_winsvc.php and check the config_file value exists within the xml_config folder. This must also exist in the correct QB folder version. Check the name of scheduler service.
D:\atrium\advanced_reports\ qb_126.96.36.199\scheduler_winsvc.php run QBSchedulerCLIENTNAME config_file=qb_clientname.xml
4. If some of the paths are incorrect we must delete the QBScheduler service and reinstall it and then start it.
· Delete the windows service
Ø Open the command prompt, run as administrator
Ø In CMD Type: sc delete QBSchedulerCLIENTNAME
· Install the new QBScheduler
Ø Update the file paths below, check the QB version folder and rename QBSchedulerCLIENTNAME service
Ø In CMD Type: D:\atrium\advanced_reports\php54\php.exe -d include_path=.;d:\atrium\advanced_reports\qb_188.8.131.52\lib;d:\atrium\advanced_reports\qb_184.108.40.206\lib\fpdf;d:\atrium\advanced_reports\php\pear D:\atrium\advanced_reports\qb_220.127.116.11\scheduler_winsvc.php install QBSchedulerCLIENTNAME config_file=qb_clientname.xml sched_file=sched.xml
· Start QBScheduler
Ø Find the QBScheduler in Windows services and start it.
- sched.xml file also sits in the xml_config folder the same as the qb_clientname.xml file.
- This will not distrub any jobs within AR.